Hope you can make it out to this aptly-named event. See below for approximate reading times, including yours truly's. I'll be reading all new poems.
Tentative Schedule for Mega Reading on August 9th:
1) Vittorio Carli (2:00-2:10)
2) Tom Henkey (2:10-2:20)
3) Articulite (2:20-2:30)
4) Buddha 309 (2:30-2:40)
5) Count Leonard DeMontbrun (2:40-2:50)
6) Donnie Byron (2:50-3:00)
7) Jason L. Ammerman (3:00-3:10)
8) Joe Carli (3:10-3:20)
9) Maureen Tolman Flannery (3:20-3:30)
10) Katie Schaag (3:30-3:40)
11) Lee Groban (3:40-3:50)
12) Dr. Groove/Geoffrey Watts (3:50-4:00)
13) Jessica Guzales (4:00-4:10)
13) Ditch Pigs with Miss Lady J. and Suzy Sunshine (4:10-4:20)
14) Kim Berez (4:20-4:30)
15) Janet Kuypers (4:30-4:40)
16) Yolanda Yo Jackson aka Poetic Flow (4:40-4:50)
17) Bob Lawrence (4:50-5:00)
18) Laura Lionello (5:00-5:10)
19) Ixta J. Menchaca (5:10-5:20)
20) Dena Pope (5:20-5:30)
21) Blonde Lesbians from Outer Space (5:30-5:40)
22) Jesus Sains (5:40-5:50)
23) Cathleen Schandelmeier-Bartels (5:50-6:00)
24) Shag (6:00-6:10)
25) Earline Strickand (6:10-6:20)
26) Larry O. Dean (6:20-6:30)
27) Vincent (6:30-6:40)
28) Erika Mikkalo (6:40-6:50)
30) Cynthia Walker (6:50-7:00)
31) Ivan Petryshyn (7:00-7:10)
31) Jennifer Watman (7:10-7:20)
32) Valya Woodstock (7:20-7:30)
1505 W. Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
Hope to see you there!
Three albums of material by The Fussbudgets ( Hog Wash! , The Naked & the Daft , and Fresh Brood ) are now available from iTunes , Ba...
I went through a Victorian reading jag a short while ago. That doesn't mean I donned my frock coat and scarf and took to the streets rec...
Thanks to Bill's Music Forum for the nice review of Fun with a Purpose . With comparisons to They Might Be Giants, The Hoodoo Gurus an...
In an early chapter of Albert Camus' The Plague , itinerant journalist, Raymond Rambert asks the town doctor, Bernard Rieux for a certif...
I'm very pleased to end 2011 with three poems in the latest edition of Clapboard House ! Check 'em out! And happy new year to one a...
In my classes this week, we read and discussed Alberto Blanco 's " The Parakeets ." The focus was on personification and to wh...
I'm very pleased to have six poems in translation in New Poetry Appreciation Anthology, vol. 2 , from the Kunming-Chicago Poetry Group ...
Terrance Hayes displays an astonishing versatility in Wind in a Box . I'd use the old cliché – that these poems seem as if they'd b...
I never take part in these, yet here I am, with two opportunities to vote for The Injured Parties: JanSport's second annual Battle of th...
One of the perks of anguishing over choosing a new textbook is the unexpected ways in which it comes to good use. For my World of Poetry cl...