Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Status Quo(tes) on the Vernal Equinox

Getting caught up on a few outstanding items on this chilly first day of spring.

For some insights into my last few Hands on Stanzas residencies at Skinner West, check out these Poetry Center blog posts, when classes focused on poems by Bernadette Mayer, Robert Frost, and Natasha Trethewey. I'm nearing the halfway point and having a terrific time!

Biggest recent news involves my trip to Boston earlier this month to attend the annual AWP Conference, for the launch of Brief Nudity. In addition to reading for my publisher, Salmon Poetry, and doing a book signing, I also participated in the Festival of Language's event, caught a few panels, wore out my shoes, and got snowed on, which is par for the AWP course. I'll be announcing further reading dates for Brief Nudity's official book tour soon.

Reading from Brief Nudity at Salmon Poetry's book launch

Before departing for the east coast I was also fortunate to be asked to read as part of Debra Bruce's shindig for her latest book, Survivors' Picnic; upon returning, I also once again partook in Northeastern Illinois University's faculty authors reception, honoring work published in 2012, which for me would be my e-chapbook, Basic Cable Couplets.

Whew!

No comments:

Popular Posts

Throw the Lions to the Christians

Singles

The Fussbudgets: Hog Wash!

The Fussbudgets: The Naked and the Daft

The Fussbudgets: Fresh Brood

The Injured Parties: Fun with a Purpose

Malcontent: Embarrassment of Riches