Hope you can make it out to this aptly-named event. See below for approximate reading times, including yours truly's. I'll be reading all new poems.
Tentative Schedule for Mega Reading on August 9th:
1) Vittorio Carli (2:00-2:10)
2) Tom Henkey (2:10-2:20)
3) Articulite (2:20-2:30)
4) Buddha 309 (2:30-2:40)
5) Count Leonard DeMontbrun (2:40-2:50)
6) Donnie Byron (2:50-3:00)
7) Jason L. Ammerman (3:00-3:10)
8) Joe Carli (3:10-3:20)
9) Maureen Tolman Flannery (3:20-3:30)
10) Katie Schaag (3:30-3:40)
11) Lee Groban (3:40-3:50)
12) Dr. Groove/Geoffrey Watts (3:50-4:00)
13) Jessica Guzales (4:00-4:10)
13) Ditch Pigs with Miss Lady J. and Suzy Sunshine (4:10-4:20)
14) Kim Berez (4:20-4:30)
15) Janet Kuypers (4:30-4:40)
16) Yolanda Yo Jackson aka Poetic Flow (4:40-4:50)
17) Bob Lawrence (4:50-5:00)
18) Laura Lionello (5:00-5:10)
19) Ixta J. Menchaca (5:10-5:20)
20) Dena Pope (5:20-5:30)
21) Blonde Lesbians from Outer Space (5:30-5:40)
22) Jesus Sains (5:40-5:50)
23) Cathleen Schandelmeier-Bartels (5:50-6:00)
24) Shag (6:00-6:10)
25) Earline Strickand (6:10-6:20)
26) Larry O. Dean (6:20-6:30)
27) Vincent (6:30-6:40)
28) Erika Mikkalo (6:40-6:50)
30) Cynthia Walker (6:50-7:00)
31) Ivan Petryshyn (7:00-7:10)
31) Jennifer Watman (7:10-7:20)
32) Valya Woodstock (7:20-7:30)
1505 W. Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
Hope to see you there!
Three albums of material by The Fussbudgets ( Hog Wash! , The Naked & the Daft , and Fresh Brood ) are now available from iTunes , Ba...
I went through a Victorian reading jag a short while ago. That doesn't mean I donned my frock coat and scarf and took to the streets rec...
In my classes this week, we read and discussed Alberto Blanco 's " The Parakeets ." The focus was on personification and to wh...
Thanks to Bill's Music Forum for the nice review of Fun with a Purpose . With comparisons to They Might Be Giants, The Hoodoo Gurus an...
In an early chapter of Albert Camus' The Plague , itinerant journalist, Raymond Rambert asks the town doctor, Bernard Rieux for a certif...
Terrance Hayes displays an astonishing versatility in Wind in a Box . I'd use the old cliché – that these poems seem as if they'd b...
One of the perks of anguishing over choosing a new textbook is the unexpected ways in which it comes to good use. For my World of Poetry cl...
I'm very pleased to end 2011 with three poems in the latest edition of Clapboard House ! Check 'em out! And happy new year to one a...
Critics have nominated Robert Browning 's “ My Last Duchess ” and “ The Bishop Orders His Tomb at Saint Praxed's Church ” as 'pe...
Tennyson 's poem, “ The Lady of Shalott ” is a brilliant piece of populist writing, displaying vibrant language and beautiful musicality...